Losing a tooth can be hard to deal with on both an emotional and a physical level. Missing teeth can make it hard to eat and talk and make you feel less confident when you smile. There are several ways to replace missing teeth, including dental crowns, implants, and dentures. In this article, we’ll compare these options in depth so you can choose the one that’s right for you.
Dental crowns Oakville are tooth-shaped caps that go over a damaged or decayed tooth. Most of the time, they are made of porcelain, ceramic, or metal, and their color and shape are made to match your natural teeth. Crowns can also go over a dental implant or hold a dental bridge in place.
Advantages of Dental Crowns
- Protect and strengthen broken teeth
- Fix teeth that are discolored or don’t look right.
- Restore a tooth’s function after it has had root canal treatment
- Long-lasting and durable
Disadvantages of Dental Crowns
- Requires removing a lot of tooth structure.
- Can lead to pain or sensitivity after the procedure
- After a few years, it might need to be changed.
If you’re looking for dental crowns in Oakville, Fox Creek Dental offers a range of options to suit your needs.
A common way to replace missing teeth is with dental implants, which involve putting a titanium post into the jawbone through surgery. The post takes the place of the tooth’s root and gives a dental crown or bridge a strong place to sit. Most dental implants Coquitlam are made of titanium, which works well with the body and fuses with bone over time.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Look and function like natural teeth
- Prevent bone loss in the jaw
- Long-lasting and durable
- Do not need adjacent teeth to be altered
Disadvantages of Dental Implants
- Requires surgery and a healing period of several months
- Can be expensive
- Patients with certain medical conditions or bone loss may not be candidates for it.
If you’re looking for dental implants in Coquitlam, Austin Heights Dental Centre offers a range of options to suit your needs.
Dentures Airdrie are removable replacements for missing teeth. Most of the time, they are made of acrylic resin and are made to go over the gums. Depending on the missing teeth, dentures can be full or just a few.
Advantages of Dentures
- It can be a less expensive way to replace a tooth.
- Do not require surgery
- It’s easy to take off and clean.
Disadvantages of Dentures
- It can be uncomfortable or irritate the gums
- It may affect speech or eating
- It may need to be replaced or adjusted over time
If you’re looking for dentures in Airdrie, Airdrie Springs Dental offers a range of options to suit your needs.
Choosing the best way to replace missing teeth depends on your budget, the number of teeth that are missing, and your overall oral health. Dental crowns, implants, and dentures all have pros and cons that you should carefully weigh before making a decision. Talk to your dentist about your needs and worries if you’re still not sure which option is best for you.
Most importantly, you get your smile back and feel good about yourself again. Dental crowns, implants, and dentures can all help you reach this goal and have a healthy, beautiful smile for years to come.